Sunday, May 3, 2009

For your eyes only III:
Cinque Terre

Cinque Terre. “The Five Lands”. The Man’s Park (we all had a laugh at that one, though Ryan is quite hopeful they meant “man” in the most expansive humanistic sense). The one place in the world where Ryan and Melissa would choose to live given all the time and money they could ever hope for. I found some photos on the interwebs of the five villages that make up Cinque Terre and suddenly everything came together.









Several, or all, of these images have been treated with HDRI techniques to bring out the colour contrasts—in effect, they capture not just what the place looks like, but what it feels like, and that is what Aaron and I are most interested in. (If you are the creator of any of these images and would like me to credit you, please send me an e-mail and I would fall all over myself to do that for you. Karma for inspiration from the internether.)

Our plan is to create an abstract mural, based on these photos, of Cinque Terre in paper and tape on the walls of Rainforest Beach Lodge’s great room. Aaron wants to add a few surprise details that I’m sure will delight the couple and their guests, and I don’t use that term…de-lightly. Ha ha. I like the idea of something simple, like paper and tape, reimagined into something sublime. I hope Ryan and Melissa like it too.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails