Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Inspirations and Diversions:
Come on, baby,
do the slow motion



I was reading a blog I check regularly, The Year in Pictures, when I came upon this pre-Valentine's day post, with this video. Immediately after watching, I was compelled to share it with you. The tension--how it builds! I can still feel the tightness in my chest. As The Year in Pictures writes, please enjoy, but not too much.

I was introduced to The Year in Pictures via another blog I read: The Sartorialist. Scott Schuman, the writer and photographer behind The Sartorialist, and James Danziger, the gallerist behind Danziger Projects and The Year in Pictures, gave impetus to my starting a blog.

It's easy to be critical in a judgmental way, and I understand that the training of an artist and creative person often leans in that direction as a means of developing the creative voice. (I'm guilty of that already! And I haven't even reached 10 posts!) But both Schuman and Danziger write in such a casual, warm and unassuming tone (especially remarkable since The Satorialist was named one of Time Magazine's Top 100 Design Influencers). And both blogs, to me, reveal a canny intelligence and sophistication with respect to their chosen topics, tempered by genuine curiosity and an appreciation of their subjects and themselves within the greater world. It's like learning to bake cookies with my Mom for the first time—to read their blogs is to believe, Hey, I can do that too, be it fashion, photography, writing or whatever, and that's a rare gift to be able to give.

I admit, it's something of a wet dream of mine to be photographed and blogged about by The Satorialist. Maybe Aaron and I will run into him when we visit New York.

1 comment:

  1. I love this video. Such an incredible capture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails